If you were to die right now, or 5 years from now, are you 100% sure that all your sins – past, present, and future – are forgiven and that you have eternal life?
1 John 5:13 says, speaking of the Bible, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life.”
The problem of sin –
1 Corinthians 15:1- 4 says, “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel… how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.”
Romans 3:23 says, “For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” No matter what we do, all our good works will never earn us an entrance into Heaven.
Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” The word death here means “judgment, everlasting fire, unquenchable fire, lake of fire, hell, second death.”
Some people may say that God could just overlook our sin and let us into Heaven. However, Genesis 18:25 says, “…Shall not the judge of all the earth do right?” Because of God’s justice, He must judge our sin. Revelation 21:8 tells us who will be judged – “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake, which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” Most of us can say that we have never done a lot of the things in this list, but none of us can say we have never lied.
The good news!
- The word GOSPEL means “good news.”
- The motive of the Gospel is God’s love. Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Christ is the maker of the Gospel. Matthew 1:23, “Behold a virgin shall be with child and shall
- bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, ‘God with us’.”
- Message of the Gospel is that Christ died for our sins and He was buried. He paid the judgment we deserve. I Peter 2:24, “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree.” Christ’s work is complete. John 19:30 speaks of Christ on the cross, “When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, ‘It is finished.’ And he bowed his head and gave up the ghost.” Since it is finished, is there anything left for you to pay? The answer is a resounding “NO!” 1 John 1:7, “…and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”
Christ’s righteousness can then be credited to our account. Romans 3:28 – “Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.”
Christ’s offer of salvation is universal. Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Saved from what? From sin, death, and hell.
Romans 10:14- “How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?” The meaning of “call” is dependence, or to change one’s mind. In other words, to call on Christ is to put your confidence/trust in Him ALONE for salvation.
So, you must understand and agree that you are a sinner and trust in Christ to save you from condemnation and eternal death. John 3:18 – “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
Jesus will forgive you of all your sins if you ask him to. Acts 10:43, “…that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.” He will also give you eternal life. John 6:47, “Verily, verily I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”
- Do you believe that Jesus can save you from sin and hell?
- Do you believe that Jesus would save you from sin and hell if you asked him to?
- Based on God’s word, if you believe (place your dependence only on Christ to save you from sin and hell), He will forgive your sins, credit His righteousness to your account, and give you eternal life.
Since this determines eternal life with Christ or eternal death in hell, do you want to pray right now?
Dear Lord, I admit that I am a sinner. I understand I cannot earn my salvation. I agree that you are the only way to have eternal life in Heaven. Please forgive me of all my sin and save me. I place my trust in you alone. I accept your free gift of salvation by faith. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:13). God’s Word promises that He will save you simply by placing your faith in Him alone and nothing else. Many people want to add works or something else to salvation in order to “feel” like they deserve or earned their salvation. But, Ephesians 2:8-9 says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast.” As you can clearly see, God designed salvation in order that we would place our complete dependence on Him.
This is a life-changing decision! After you are saved God will make you into a new creation. He will help you to grow in the grace and knowledge of Him. He will even change your desires and wants.
If you prayed this prayer, please contact us and let us know. We would love to point you to a Bible-preaching church in your area.